Elementary Water Conservation Trailhead
Water is our most precious resource. We use water almost every hour of every day and can’t survive without it. On this virtual field trip you will learn about water conservation, why it is important, and how you can practice water conservation in your home every day. It is important for everyone to use only the water they need and not be wasteful and this field trip will give you some ideas about how to do this.
So get ready to have some fun!
- The water cycle
- How much of the Earth’s water is available for human use
- The multiple uses of water
- Why water conservation is important
- Where water is used in a typical home
- Tips for saving water
- Water wise Gardening
- Students will learn about or most precious resource, water.
- Students will learn about much water there is and how it is used.
- Students will recognize the importance of water conservation and learn simple tips for saving water in their own homes.
Terms to Learn
Here are a few online glossaries where you can find definitions of these water terms and more.
This virtual field trip was designed for elementary school students but can be easily adapted for students of many ages. Jointly developed by the Spokane Aquifer Joint Board and Persistent VISION in Spokane, Washington, this project was funded by a Washington State Department of Ecology, Clean Water Act, Section 319 Grant.