- Channeled Scablands Theory
- Columbia River Flood Basalts Learn about the great floods that swept across the Pacific Northwest thousands of years ago.
- Edwards Aquifer The Edwards Aquifer is a unique groundwater system and one of the most prolific artesian aquifers in the world located in south central Texas.
- Ground Water Cleanup at Superfund Sites
- Aquifers in the U.S. Aquifers included in the 2003 “Principal Aquifers” U.S. map and data.
Lesson Plans and More
- EPA – Drinking Water Activities Grades 4-8. This page contains links to complete lessons for building your own aquifer, filtration systems and understanding groundwater.
Things To Do
- Darby Duck and the Aquatic Crusaders – Seven simple experiments for understanding the properties of water and the effects of pollution.
- Measuring Surface Water
- Water Questions and Answers
- The Water Sourcebooks U.S. EPA’s Water Sourcebooks contain 324 activities for grades K-12 divided into four sections: K-2, 3-5, 5-8, and 9-12. Each section is divided into five chapters: Introduction to Water, Drinking Water and Wastewater Treatment, Surface Water Resources, Ground Water Resources, and Wetlands and Coastal Waters.