To save water and reduce water going into storm drains:
- Use a sponge, bucket, and hose nozzle equipped with an off position to wash your car instead of letting the hose run. Wash your car on the lawn or use an approved car wash.
- Use a broom to sweep driveways and sidewalks instead of using a hose.
- Clear leaves and debris from storm drains.
- Adjust sprinklers so they water the yard and not the street. Water sprinkled on the streets can pick up vehicle oils and gas which will pollute our river and aquifer.
- Label all storm drains “Dump No Waste -Drains to Aquifer” or “Dump No Waste – Drains to River”