The Liberty Lake Sewer and Water District is seeking a Water/Wastewater Operations Development Coordinator/Inspector. Download Job Description
Send resume by May 31st 2017 for priority consideration to BiJay Adams, General Manager, Liberty Lake Sewer and Water District, 22510 E. Mission Ave., Liberty Lake, WA 99019. Position will remain open until filled. A full job description is available upon request. For additional information, please contact
BiJay Adams, General Manager
Liberty lake Sewer and Water District is located 17 miles east of Spokane Washington and 3 miles from Idaho state line. The District is governed by a 3-member Board of Commissioners. The District has 13 employees including the General Manager, office, water reclamation facility, and field staff.
The Water/Wastewater Operations Development Coordinator/Inspector functions as a multi-skilled professional responsible at all times to the General Manager and performs duties collaboratively with the Water/Wastewater Operations Chief Operator.
The Water/Wastewater Operations Development Coordinator/Inspector is responsible for inspecting the construction and installation of water and wastewater facilities for conformance with District approved project plans, District design and construction standards, right‐of‐way agency requirements, and governmental regulations and/or guidelines in order to provide safe and reliable water and sewer service.
The Water/Wastewater Operations Development Coordinator/Inspector position performs and coordinates a variety of specific and non-specific jobs related to inspection, operation, maintenance, customer service, on-call emergency service and construction of the District’s water and sewer facilities. Work in the position of Water/Wastewater Operations Development Coordinator/Inspector is allocated between the field and the office.
- The Water/Wastewater Operations Development Coordinator/Inspector is involved in following activities:
- Interfaces with other Water/Wastewater staff, the District’s contract Engineer, utilities and governmental agencies as needed regarding installation of water and wastewater facilities.
- Coordinates with the District’s contract Engineer, Water/Wastewater Operations Chief Operator, and/or the design engineer, and/or contractor for identification and approval of field changes to the original design, ensuring that such changes conform to current standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge of District water/sewer infrastructure, standards, and policies.
- Maintains a cross connection control program that meets the requirements of WAC 246-290-490 and in accordance with District Resolution 18-08 – Cross-Connection Control Policy.
- Provides input to other District personnel for the approval of project plans and specifications.
- Obtains measurements and documents of constructed work for development of “as‐built” record drawings.
- Participates in pre-application, pre‐construction and construction progress meetings with the City of Liberty Lake, developers and/or contractors.
- Prepares and maintains inspection records, field notes/redlines and reports concerning projects, job status and progress.
- Sketches depictions of special work items, including side sewer stubs and building sewers; may also require the formal drafting of side sewer stubs and building sewers.
- Examines, evaluates, grades and tests, or arranges for tests of construction materials such as pipes, fittings, manholes, hydrants, fill material, etc., as necessary.
- Performs pressure and vacuum tests of water and wastewater facilities, and arranges field disinfection test samples.
- Must be capable of reading and understanding engineering plans for utility construction and assure that record drawings, Bill of Sales, easements and submittals are received.
- Performs utility One-Call locates.
- Performs and helps coordinate customer service duties such as field checks, water tests, locates, and responding to customer calls, emergencies, and complaints.
- Performing office duties related to communication with contractors, developers and customers inquiries regarding water and sewer service.
- Assists in District construction and repair projects and performs duties such as reviewing plans and schedules, on site problem solving, or interfacing with customers and contractors.
- Performing on-call and emergency service duties, serves as a first responder, troubleshooting problems, and performing or coordinating responses.
- Available for on-call duty and after hour emergencies.
Qualifications: Any combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- A degree in engineering, construction, or a related technical field and four (4) years of related utility inspection experience, or equivalent combination of education and related utility inspection experience, with knowledge of materials and construction plan reading.
- Must hold and maintain a Group I Water Distribution Manager (WDM) Certificate or higher from the State of Washington; or an equivalent Certificate from another state if recognized by the State of Washington. Washington level II certification preferred.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, retirement, HRA, Section 125 FSA, short and long term disability, and life insurance. District is not enrolled in Social Security. Paid vacation and sick leave accrues per policy. Benefits also include 10 paid holidays and up to 2 personal holidays per year.
Compensation based on qualifications and experience. LLSWD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Send resume by May 31st 2017 for priority consideration to BiJay Adams, General Manager, Liberty Lake Sewer and Water District, 22510 E. Mission Ave., Liberty Lake, WA 99019. Position will remain open until filled. A full job description is available upon request. Please contact BiJay Adams, General Manager at (509) 922-9016 for additional information.