Elementary Aquifer Trailhead
A Water Journey: The Aquifer Virtual Field Trip
On this field trip, you’ll learn amazing things about water. You’ll learn about aquifers, how your drinking water gets to you, what other kids have to do around the world to get their water, and ideas for helping to protect this precious resource. Now get ready for some fun! (This virtual field trip was designed for elementary students but can be easily adapted for students of all ages.)
Students will be introduced to the following topics on this field trip:
- Water for survival
- The Water Cycle
- Ground water aquifers
- The Spokane Valley – Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer
- How water is used
- Sources of contamination
- Conservation tips
- Students are introduced to the importance of water for survival.
- Students are introduced to the water cycle.
- Students will learn about groundwater aquifers.
- Students will learn how they can actively participate in protecting drinking water.
A Few Terms To Learn
Here are a few online glossaries where you can find definitions of these water terms and more.
This virtual field trip was designed for elementary school students but can be easily adapted for students of many ages. Jointly developed by the Spokane Aquifer Joint Board and Persistent VISION in Spokane, Washington, this project was funded by a Washington State Department of Ecology, Clean Water Act, Section 319 Grant.